Helpful Tips That Gets Rid Of Those Moles Today
Got a mole problem? If you’ve ever experienced the frustration of a mole wreaking havoc on your yard, you know that it isn’t something you would wish on your worst enemy. The difficulty lies in two parts here. One, covering up and repairing the destruction. Number two, getting rid of the petty moles so you never have to twist your ankle in another hole again. Use these helpful tips and instill the fear into moles today.
1. Cut off ventilation to all the holes you find by raking over and covering them. Not only will your yard look aesthetically better without large hills, but it also makes for an uncomfortable living space for the moles.
2. Spray down the holes with water before applying the mole repellent. By dampening the soil, it will allow for the repellent to soak in much better, therefore increasing its effectiveness. Mole repellent may not be able to deter away moles that have dug down very deep, but is a useful product to start with.
3. Place poison bait into the tunnels. Make sure to get these baits down very deep in the soil for two reasons. First off, moles that are very deep in the ground will be more easily attracted to them. Also, we wouldn’t want any dogs or possibly even small children being able to get ahold of the poisonous bait. There are many places that sell poisonous mole bait. Things like poisonous peanuts and worms are readily available. If you don’t want to go out and spend the extra cash, there are many home recipes that you can find online which have been used successfully over the years.
4. Get yourself a nice and heavy yard roller. With many yard rollers, you are able to add water to increase the weight. We feel that a roller of this kind is best, as you need the weight in order to really press down all the holes and make your yard flat once again. This process is important in order to keep your lawn thriving through a mole infestation.
5. Always do a little investigating. Search for new holes and try to figure out if your methods are working, or if more extreme measures need to be taken. Of course, you won’t kill off all the moles in one day, a few more holes here and there are likely. If after about a week passes by and the holes appear to still be increasing exponentially with no signs of slowing down, then it may be time to reconsider your tactics.
6. With that being said, we encourage you not to give up on something like a mole repellent after the first try. It often takes multiple applications of a good repellent to fully do its job and drive out all moles. Different repellent options include castor-oil based, smoke releasing repellent, and repellents that can cause vibrations throughout the soil.
You work hard to keep your lawn looking beautiful, don’t let moles take over and take away from all of your efforts!